Adrenaline Rush Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Adrenaline Rush Car Club

Xenia Ohio

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ok update on ss

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yellow pro5
ARCC Member
yellow pro5

Number of posts : 959
Registration date : 2008-06-10

ok update on ss Empty
PostSubject: ok update on ss   ok update on ss EmptySat 23 Jan 2010, 8:01 pm

ok i was messing with it and took intake off and lifters are trashed how ever the cam is wore down as well so iam getting a new cam and lifter set from jegs should be here monday, kinda redoing the upper end and i am goin to keep it, bc well it has alot of power now i can only imagine what it will do once its fixed, wish me luck should have it running by mid week depending on work
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-11-25

ok update on ss Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok update on ss   ok update on ss EmptySat 23 Jan 2010, 8:06 pm

If the cam is wiped then you should probably drop the pan and clean it and the oil pump pick up. If you don't you may be doing a lot of work for nothings. Those metal particles have to go somewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerry-nita.com
yellow pro5
ARCC Member
yellow pro5

ok update on ss Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok update on ss   ok update on ss EmptySat 23 Jan 2010, 9:57 pm

yeah iam taking engine out tomorrow and pulling pan,, good lookn jerry i kinda didnt think that far ahead, but i got it all unbolted now so tomorrow its being pulled and ill clean it all up and go from there
Back to top Go down
tylersb350
Fan
Fan
tylersb350

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-01-26

ok update on ss Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok update on ss   ok update on ss EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:06 pm

how do you know the cam is trashed? did u measure the lobes and base to check lift? or is it just visualy wore? because they will have shinny ware marks after break in and use.
Back to top Go down
yellow pro5
ARCC Member
yellow pro5

ok update on ss Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok update on ss   ok update on ss EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 5:04 pm

dont know i traded ss for a v8ed rx7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ok update on ss Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok update on ss   ok update on ss Empty

Back to top Go down

ok update on ss
Page 1 of 1