Adrenaline Rush Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Adrenaline Rush Car Club

Xenia Ohio

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

upholestery

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
berger13
ARCC Secretary
berger13

Number of posts : 796
Registration date : 2009-04-20

upholestery Empty
PostSubject: upholestery   upholestery EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 10:27 pm

anyone know of any places that do reupholstery on racing seats? wanna get mine redone instead of buying new ones and spending probably twice as much.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Spammer
Spammer
Rob

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-06-10

upholestery Empty
PostSubject: Re: upholestery   upholestery EmptyFri 11 Dec 2009, 10:41 pm

Deweys Auto trim in Moraine did mine. I got all 4 seats done for 420 and they did it in less than a day.
Back to top Go down
berger13
ARCC Secretary
berger13

upholestery Empty
PostSubject: Re: upholestery   upholestery EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 11:33 pm

ok thanks man. ill have to check it out
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-11-25

upholestery Empty
PostSubject: Re: upholestery   upholestery EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 12:50 pm

Are you wanting to change the shape of the seat or just the colors? If you just want to change the colors/material you should try to do it yourself. Use one of your old seats and cut the stitching apart. Transfer the patterns to the new colors/material. If you don't have a sewing machine there are tons of people out there that could sew everything together cheap! There is plenty of information and tricks on the web that will show you how to re-upholster car seats. I have done this myself several times. The first time I did it everything fit perfect. The trickiest part is getting the new cover over the old foam and all the wrinkles out. I used a large plastic trash bag.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerry-nita.com
Lil Fish
ARCC President
Lil Fish

Number of posts : 1018

upholestery Empty
PostSubject: Re: upholestery   upholestery EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 1:44 pm

you used a trash bag to get the wrinkles out? thats odd
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
berger13
ARCC Secretary
berger13

upholestery Empty
PostSubject: Re: upholestery   upholestery EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 11:02 pm

im just changing the colors of mine. im selling the rear seat though cause it doesnt fit my car correctly... its just sitting there and it slides out when someone sits on it lol. i think its out of an ek civic or 96-00 civic. not sure though. i may have to try that jerry. so you said the first time you did it everything worked perfect... what happened the other times lol. ill have to talk to my girlfriends mom and see if she could help me out. if not i guess ill have to try and be martha stewart myself lol haha
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

Number of posts : 760

upholestery Empty
PostSubject: Re: upholestery   upholestery EmptyMon 14 Dec 2009, 10:24 am

The trash bag allows the material to slide easily over the foam and be positioned. I rip it out as much as I can when everything is where I want it. I never had a problem when I used the old covers as patterns. I tried to make one set from scratch and that didn't work out as good as I would have liked. I've never done any using leather but the only problem I could see with that is the ability to sew it. The first set I used "C" rings to attach the material to the frame on the others I used zip ties. I was going to do all of Corey's seats in fact he bought two stock front buckets to put in the back but he has decided to go with four racing seats.

If you decide to sew it yourself you can find sewing machines cheap. I used a very old Singer like this . It only had one stitch pattern. I've seen several sewing machines on Craigslist and also there were a few at the Roberts Flee Market for $20-$40.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerry-nita.com
Sponsored content

upholestery Empty
PostSubject: Re: upholestery   upholestery Empty

Back to top Go down

upholestery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adrenaline Rush Car Club :: GENERAL :: OFF TOPIC-
Jump to: