Adrenaline Rush Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Adrenaline Rush Car Club

Xenia Ohio

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ARUSH WEBSITE

Go down 
+9
playin4keeps
mrwallen03
94pgt
berger13
yellow pro5
Lil Fish
Jerry
Shane
CandyEclipse
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-11-25

ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2009, 3:33 pm

CandyEclipse wrote:
You guys have me now, utilize me and give me ALL your ideas.

Clifton, you better watch what you ask for Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerry-nita.com
berger13
ARCC Secretary
berger13

Number of posts : 796
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Nov 2009, 1:40 am

me and roades are thinking quite a like lol. totally forgot about those sites but that would be sweet if its sorta like that for members. the site sounds like its gonna be sick clifton and jerry.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Spammer
Spammer
Rob

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Nov 2009, 10:59 am

I concur
Back to top Go down
CandyEclipse
Roadie
Roadie
CandyEclipse

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Nov 2009, 11:41 am

Ok I have it set up so each member will have their own profile/account with a bio and photo gallery. ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
http://cliftonscott.com
berger13
ARCC Secretary
berger13

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Nov 2009, 11:34 pm

that sweet clifton. i think the new site will get a lot of traffic
Back to top Go down
CandyEclipse
Roadie
Roadie
CandyEclipse

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Nov 2009, 11:37 pm

berger13 wrote:
that sweet clifton. i think the new site will get a lot of traffic

Thanks dude. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 2:08 am

I hope everyone has been able to get their ideas in. The plan is, Clifton and I will meet (hopefully in the next few days) to come up with a solid game plan for the site. I will put together an outline so we can review it with the lilfish and everyone else. That way we can get all the important items in and give Clifton something concrete to work from. Make no mistake, Clifton is doing all the site development. I'm just going to help him define his tasks and put in a written form so everyone is clear on what the site will contain. Additionally I will be able to incorporate it into the bylaws. I'm sure Clifton has a good understanding of what the site needs to have and as you can tell he is already working on some of the important elements.

I'm really excited about this! We all know how important the forum has been it definitely helped us grow and kept us informed. A properly designed and executed website will dwarf the forum.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 2:21 am

Clifton, How hard would it be to work in a chat room?
Back to top Go down
adambomb
ARCC Member
adambomb

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 2:33 am

i was wondering if you could incorporate a download section for video of arcc and wallpaper of our cars. just a thought
Back to top Go down
CandyEclipse
Roadie
Roadie
CandyEclipse

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 9:56 am

Jerry wrote:
Clifton, How hard would it be to work in a chat room?

Chat room has been added. Smile

I am still working on tweaking the new forum. Then we can decide if we want to use it or stick with this one. Remember that everything (chat room/forum/galleries) are all intergrated directly into the website.

For anyone who doesn't know the URL for the website http://arushcarclub.com. Once it is completed everyone will have access.

@adam That is a cool idea that I haven't thought of. Although video may be a little too much because that can get expensive because video files are so huge to transfer. I would just suggest posting them on youtube and then we can play the videos on the site. As for the wallpaper downloads, that is very doable. We would just have to make sure that the wall paper photos are a high qualty and enough megapixels. I am not expert with that stuff but I think that as long as the image is at least 5 megapixels or greater it will work. And most point and shoot digital cameras these days will work fine. Phone cameras probably wouldn't work.

@Jerry I am going to be busy everyday through Monday. So I should be able to meet after that. Tuesday may work.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 12:17 pm

Clifton, Tuesday is good for me. I'll do everything I can to work around your schedule and make it easy on you so just let me know.

I have some more input/wish list items.

- It is important that we utilize our official ARCC logo but it may need spruced up a little. It would be nice if someone with Photoshop skills could give it some color and depth. Shawn, you did the logo is this something you can do? Clifton will probably need to have some input on this so it works with his background.

- What about splitting the slide show frame? Show member cars on one side and pictures from the club event gallery on the other or we just have a single one and slide show everything. Either way I think it's important to show what fun we have and how professional we look at the shows. Having a caption on the photo so people know what they are looking at may also be nice. Everyone likes to look at pictures Cool
Back to top Go down
CandyEclipse
Roadie
Roadie
CandyEclipse

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 12:30 pm

Jerry wrote:
Clifton, Tuesday is good for me. I'll do everything I can to work around your schedule and make it easy on you so just let me know.

I have some more input/wish list items.

- It is important that we utilize our official ARCC logo but it may need spruced up a little. It would be nice if someone with Photoshop skills could give it some color and depth. Rhoades, you did the logo is this something you can do?

- What about splitting the slide show frame? Show member cars on one side and pictures from the club event gallery on the other or we just have a single one and slide show everything. Either way I think it's important to show what fun we have and how professional we look at the shows.

Thanks for letting me know. I will plan on this coming Tuesday Nov. 24th.

It does not matter to me if we use the ARCC logo. I just need a good psd or png transparent file of it. I do think that it looks a little dated (absolutely no offense to anyone). I think that it could use a fresh look, something a little more modern to fit the times. I think that ARCC or ARUSHcc or something like that is good. But I don't think that just AR is enough. For a full logo I think that Adrenaline Rush Car Club is good too. I can talk with Rhoades and maybe put something together that will more modern? But I am not trying to change anything, that is only my opinion from my experience. I am totally open for suggestions! Smile

I think you are looking at the slideshow on the splash page, http://arushcarclub.com/splash.php . I dual slide shows can be done, but there shouldn't be too much going on while on a single page. I suggest one slideshow per page. I picked a few member cars for that slideshow just as an example. Jerry when we meet, I will show you what I have so far. The splash page you are looking at is only a default page that visitors are redirected to since the site is still being built. Once done, that page will be deleted.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
CandyEclipse
Roadie
Roadie
CandyEclipse

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 12:35 pm

Also, what is the official club name? I have seen AR Customs and Adrenaline Rush Car Club. Those seem like to different things and we don't want to mix brands. Smile Anyone else have opinions on this? Again, just my opinion, someone shoot it down if you disagree. I just wanted to bring it to light. Thanks! I am excited to be apart of ARCC.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 1:25 pm

That is a good question. The original AR logo (as seen above on the forum page) was updated to the speedometer looking logo over a year ago. Here are the versions I have. I'm not sure why the "Customs" got omitted off the text versions. The shirts have the stacked text logo on the front and the speedometer logo on the back. This is definitely something the members need to chime in on.

ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 Ar_1

ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 Ar_2

ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 Ar_3

Last edited by Jerry on Fri 20 Nov 2009, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CandyEclipse
Roadie
Roadie
CandyEclipse

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 1:30 pm

Those are very cool. I like them alot. My suggestion is to drop the words 'Customs' and 'Xenia'. Then we could use the last o in Ohio as the speedometer. To me, the word customs makes it sound like we are a custom shop that works on cars but we aren't. We are a car club. Also, since the club has expanded out of Xenia, we shouldn't limit it. What do you guys think?

Jerry, do you have those images in a raw transparent file?
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 1:44 pm

I like your suggestions but changing the logo is an issue because it is expensive to redo. Additionally there was a focus to keep everything uniform especially after the logo was updated. I don't think Xenia is a big deal to remove but that is were the club is base out of. It doesn't necessarily mean that ARCC is confined to Xenia. If ARCC was to get other chapters started in different cities that could be changed.

I'm pretty sure the people who have the artwork can get it to us in several different formats. I'll give them a call today and ask.

Last edited by Jerry on Fri 20 Nov 2009, 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CandyEclipse
Roadie
Roadie
CandyEclipse

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 1:51 pm

I think those logos are cool. I just need raw transparent logos for the site.

Also, I don't think people should think that we are all from Xenia. We can put on the site that the club was started in Xenia, Ohio. I know I wouldn't want something on my car that says Xenia because I am not from Xenia. Chapters would be cool and then it may need to be represented in the logo. I agree.

Yes everything does need to stay uniformed. I am not trying to change anything Jerry. Just offering my opinion. I think what the club has going on is great, and I am impressed.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 2:05 pm

Hey what's wrong with Xenia!!!! lol!

I like the "Customs" but when I first saw it I thought it was a shop too.

I don't think any of the logos that go on the car have Xenia, Ohio on them. Currently it's just on the banner and the shirts. I agree we need to think bigger. What ever is shown on the website should be consistent with what is used now. Maybe just using the single line "Adrenaline Rush" text as shown above and adding "Car Club" below it would be the best thing to do. That is the logo used on the windshield banner and the large vinyl banners so it would be easily recognized. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
CandyEclipse
Roadie
Roadie
CandyEclipse

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 2:39 pm

Nothing is wrong with Xenia. Smile lol

I think Adrenaline Rush Car Club would be perfect because it is exactly what we are. Yes what is on the site needs to match what is used on the car vinyl. But we need more opinions.
Back to top Go down
berger13
ARCC Secretary
berger13

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 8:38 pm

i totally agree with the customs sounding like we are a shop. i think if we just take it out everyone that visits the site won't get confused.
Back to top Go down
yellow pro5
ARCC Member
yellow pro5

Number of posts : 959
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 10:56 pm

indeed
Back to top Go down
playin4keeps
ARCC Member
playin4keeps

Number of posts : 1262
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2009, 2:53 pm

well there are alot of "car club" that have customs or kustoms in there name... no one confuses them with a shop. it just stating we have custom ride... and that is in the logo and like Jerry said that would be expensive. and we would all have to change our stickers and shirts. thats alot of changes...
P.S. customs is supose to be in a different font....
Back to top Go down
CandyEclipse
Roadie
Roadie
CandyEclipse

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2009, 3:09 pm

You guys have good points. I guess the biggest issue to me is that the different names aren't consistent. I am just confused by the name. Is the name of the club 'Adrenaline Rush Customs Car Club'? I wasn't sure if we should limit the club to just customs either. I mean if a sweet stock corvette or viper wanted in the club, I wouldn't have any objections, but it wouldn't be a custom ride. So having customs in the name wouldn't be right. I just wanted to figure out where the Customs comes into play. I would say that if the club name is being abbreviated to just AR, then customs sounds cool at the end of it.

I know this isn't a big deal at all. LOL It was just something that I wanted to put out there to see what others thought about it. I am not trying to offend anyone (since I am a n00b and all), just a topic to discuss to keep the forum active and by the numbers of this topic, seems to be working! About 50 replies and 330 views in a week Exclamation Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Shane
Rock God
Rock God
Shane

Number of posts : 203

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2009, 9:50 pm

The name of the car club has always been Adrenaline Rush....just those 2 words...

But when someone sees Adrenaline Rush on your window and asks "What's that?", you say, "The car club I'm in"....Hence the Adrenaline Rush car club (aka ARCC). It's just another way to refer to it. You don't actually consider the "car club" part of the name. Just like Raw, Smackdown, or ECW is not the name of the company WWE (and yes I just used wrestling as a reference).

Also, as for a stock corvette or viper wanting in, I believe that would be a no go. If I remember correctly (and I don't know if I do), there are rules for a set amount of customizations that need to be done to be allowed in. Besides, 99.9% of the time, we are going to be custom cars. Hence the AR Customs. If we get a bunch of trucks, then we can have an AR Customs, and an AR Trucks....or AR Lowriders...or AR Mopeds Razz . Those would all just be "sections" of the club so-to-speak. But right now we only have one...Customs.

That is all Smile
Back to top Go down
86elcamino
ARCC Member
86elcamino

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2009, 10:34 pm

im thinking about building a sick Moped next year! maybe we can get a section in the club rolling shane.lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARUSH WEBSITE   ARUSH WEBSITE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ARUSH WEBSITE
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next