Adrenaline Rush Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Adrenaline Rush Car Club

Xenia Ohio

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

need help asap

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
berger13
ARCC Secretary
berger13

Number of posts : 796
Registration date : 2009-04-20

need help asap Empty
PostSubject: need help asap   need help asap EmptyThu 25 Jun 2009, 10:27 pm

does anybody know what could cause my car to blow out 2 brand new oil pan gaskets in 3 days? me and a buddy put a new gasket on tuesday, took the car out, ran fine, then the gasket blew out right below my header. so we put another gasket on wednesday morning and let the rtv cure for almost 30 hours before we put oil in and started it. i start driving it today after i picked it up and it blew out the new gasket again in the exact same spot. i dont know if my aftermarket header is getting so hot that its melting the gasket or my pan is slighty warped. the only performance mods i have done to the car are DC SPORTS 4-1 HEADER, OBX HIGH FLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTER, CATBACK EXHAUST, AND A COLD AIR INTAKE. if anyone has any ideas im open to them. im completely stumped and i want my car running and oil leak free. thanks
Back to top Go down
adambomb
ARCC Member
adambomb

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2009-04-24

need help asap Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap   need help asap EmptyFri 26 Jun 2009, 12:41 am

I would check to see if the oil pan is warped first.Oil pans are easy to warp if you have tightend it down to much. If that is not it try a better quality gasket.
Back to top Go down
berger13
ARCC Secretary
berger13

Number of posts : 796
Registration date : 2009-04-20

need help asap Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap   need help asap EmptyFri 26 Jun 2009, 11:05 pm

were gonna double check everything when we take it apart again. does anyone know of somebody that has a trailer that i could possibly borrow in the next week or so, so i can get my car out to my buddies house in huber heights? i dont want to attempt to drive it out there and my gasket completely go out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

need help asap Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap   need help asap Empty

Back to top Go down

need help asap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adrenaline Rush Car Club :: GARAGE :: GARAGE HELP-
Jump to: