Adrenaline Rush Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Adrenaline Rush Car Club

Xenia Ohio

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

engine part coatings and polishing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MRFlNE69
nOOb
nOOb

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-06

engine part coatings and polishing Empty
PostSubject: engine part coatings and polishing   engine part coatings and polishing EmptyTue 06 May 2008, 4:30 pm

Hello, first time on the site. just letting you all know that I work for a materials deposition lab which does advanced materials research for air force, navy, army, nasa... in addition we also take alot of engine, and engine building parts and coat them with various materials for increased wear resistance, lower friction, and increase survival times of just about any fast moving parts.

I specialize in a range of Titanium based alloy coatings such as TiAl, TiB, TiBN, TiN and many Nickel and superalloy coatings are also easily achieveble.
Depending on the size and number of parts would vary the cost but i can get this alot cheaper than if you were quoted by a company. Keep in mind that aluminum cannot be coated with titanium because it would melt long before the process begain, but there are alternatives for aluminum parts.
You can request information on this anytime and I can get an estimate accordingly.

In addition, i can polish any surface to a perfect mirror finish, at this lab we must polish samples to variences of no more than 1 micron elevation charge over every inch of surface. 1 micron is 1inch/1,000,000 so thats 200x better than percision tooling. this would probably be charge by the hour invested, again send me a msg some things i might do for free......
Back to top Go down
JesseJ
Admin
JesseJ

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2007-11-24

PostSubject: Re: engine part coatings and polishing   engine part coatings and polishing EmptyTue 06 May 2008, 4:38 pm

Are you local?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerry-nita.com/Talon.html
playin4keeps
ARCC Member
playin4keeps

Number of posts : 1262
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: engine part coatings and polishing   engine part coatings and polishing EmptyTue 06 May 2008, 5:00 pm

If i decide to rebuild my engine this winter will def. hit you up. What about My turbo exhuast manifold? Could you coat or polish that?
Back to top Go down
cjrulesdotcom
ARCC Member
cjrulesdotcom

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: engine part coatings and polishing   engine part coatings and polishing EmptyThu 08 May 2008, 10:10 am

yeah i will be interested in doing this too.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/cjrulesdotcom
TD's-civic
ARCC Member
TD's-civic

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: engine part coatings and polishing   engine part coatings and polishing EmptyThu 08 May 2008, 2:09 pm

yeah I am interested to im doing a rebiuld and I will need my block done and if any 1 knows some place to get it bored out to that would be nice it has to go to 75.5mm from 74.8mm
Back to top Go down
MRFlNE69
nOOb
nOOb

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: engine part coatings and polishing   engine part coatings and polishing EmptyFri 27 Jun 2008, 3:01 pm

Well, the boring im not sure of. While I do have a boring hone and an engine lathe, i do not have that experience so i wont touch somebody elses block, sorry. I can coat whatever you want in whatever you want for less friction, greater friction, greater wear resistance, and/or higher/lower thermal conductivity shielding. However this part must be smaller than 1.75feet cubic so blocks are out of the question, and I can only coat the outside of long tubing, all I can do inside them is a polishing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: engine part coatings and polishing   engine part coatings and polishing Empty

Back to top Go down

engine part coatings and polishing
Page 1 of 1