Adrenaline Rush Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Adrenaline Rush Car Club

Xenia Ohio

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's official the rat rod is under way

Go down 
+5
berger13
yellow pro5
four6trix
doored90
Jerry
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-11-25

It's official the rat rod is under way Empty
PostSubject: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 5:17 pm

Well guys I finally got started on the 37 couple, well at least the motor. I just got my Fuel injector hat this week, the motor is at the machine shop, the heads are being worked on out in New Mexico and the blower will be sent out next week. This motor is going to be way to expensive to have just sitting around so I have to get this done.

I will start getting the barn extended this weekend so I can have room to get started on my body and frame.

Below are a couple pictures of the blower and injection set up. I will post up some pictures as I get things done.

I was going to put in my application but Rob said I can't because I haven't done anything with the body Sad You guys are sure getting picky! So maybe I'll put some tires around the engine and steering wheel and call it in process. Smile

It's official the rat rod is under way Blower_1

It's official the rat rod is under way Blower_2

Last edited by Jerry on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerry-nita.com
doored90
ARCC Vice President
doored90

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 6:57 pm

hell yea son
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohiominitrucks.com
four6trix
ARCC Member
four6trix

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 8:14 pm

Sick jerry. Can't wait to see it
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 8:54 pm

Just a little information about the motor. The block was originally a 239 cubic inch Ford flathead with a 3-3/16" bore x 3-3/4" stroke and 100 brake HP. The new motor be a 276 cubic inch stroker with a 3-5/16" bore x 4" stroke or if my crank is bad it will have a 4-1/4" stroke making it a 284 cubic inch. The balanced rotating assembly will have Ross blower pistons and H beam rods. The block will have aftermarket heavy duty main bearing caps, 1.6 Manley Pro valves (stock were 1.5), a custom ground camshaft and the block will be chamber relieved, ported and polished. On a flathead the valves and ports are in the block. The picture below shows the block and Corey during the dis-assembly (Thanks Corey). Fuel has to run up hill into the head making it very inefficient. The mechanical fuel injection will be converted to a modern day Electronic Fuel Injection. (EFI). I'm working very closely with a gentleman in California to incorporate a very unique and radical injector system that mounts in the block and injects directly into the port behind the valve.

It's official the rat rod is under way Motor_1

The heads are being re-worked by Joe Abbin, owner of Roadrunner Engineering in Albuquerque, NM. and author of the books "Blown Flatheads" and "335 HP Ford Flathead V-8 Performance Handbook". Joe has the record for the fastest stock block flathead and has built some of the fastest flatheads at Bonnevill and on the planet.

You say "335 HP that isn't much", well don't be fooled. Those flatheads put out sick torque across the the whole RPM range and torque is what gets you down the track. Here is the You Tube video to his street driven 34 Ford running a 12.49, 106.7 1/4 mile.

With all that said you may be asking yourself how will mine perform? Well I'm not going to say but I can tell you he had a smaller 4-71 blower compared to the larger 6v71 I'm running. His was running at 7psi of boost on Ross pistons and a balanced stock bottom end. Mine is capable 15-20psi boost. His ran carburetors and mine will be direct port fuel injected . His cam is a standard off the shelf item, mine will be a custom grind. None of the flathead experts I have talked to know anyone running anything close this combination.

This is going to be affraid fun

Back to top Go down
yellow pro5
ARCC Member
yellow pro5

Number of posts : 959
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 9:20 pm

bravo jerry bravo cant wait if ya need any help this is what i like working on
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 10:20 pm

Here is a You Tube video that shows a 37 Plymouth (same body style as mine). Mine will look very similar. It will have the same chop, channeled and tires but the wheels, grill and of course the motor will be different.
Back to top Go down
berger13
ARCC Secretary
berger13

Number of posts : 796
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:57 am

thats gonna be so sweet jerry. when you first showed me that last video i was amazed and i cant wait to see yours completely done.
Back to top Go down
playin4keeps
ARCC Member
playin4keeps

Number of posts : 1262
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:12 pm

wow! that looks like the blower set up on the charger off fast and the furious
thats going to be one sick ride
Back to top Go down
yellow pro5
ARCC Member
yellow pro5

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:49 pm

yeah wow looks good,,, the blower on fast and furious i believe was a 871 but yeah its the little twin blower lol looks nice jerry
Back to top Go down
corey j
ARCC Member
corey j

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 1:18 pm

were putting that on my car!!
he doesn't know it yet
Back to top Go down
berger13
ARCC Secretary
berger13

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 3:41 pm

lol yeah i hear ya on that one corey haha. let me know when you wanna swap it on and we can do it
Back to top Go down
corey j
ARCC Member
corey j

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 6:27 pm

ok lol my car will look like the charger off the fast and furious!!
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 11:50 pm

After three attempts I finally got the blower case black wrinkled.It's official the rat rod is under way Blower_wrinkle. The drive assembly and internals are on their way here from Lilliwaup, WA and should be here by Friday.
Back to top Go down
TD's-civic
ARCC Member
TD's-civic

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 12:48 pm

Wow Jerry that'd gonna be sick can't wait to see more!
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyWed 02 Feb 2011, 11:28 pm

Corey and I put the blower back together this past weekend.
It's official the rat rod is under way Rblt_blower_2
Here is Corey tightening the drive coupler. I don't know who's more excited about getting this together, him or me?

It's official the rat rod is under way Rblt_blower
After this picture was taken I cleaned all the gasket sealer off, so it looks much better.

It's official the rat rod is under way Wheels_01
Here are my wheels. The fronts are 15X7 with 165/80 Tires. The rears are 15 x 10 w/BFG TA Radials 285/70

It's official the rat rod is under way Wheels_02
Here is what they will look like with the Ford caps and rings. I will be changing the color.

This week I'm finishing up the intake with the injectors installed and the modifications to the injector hat. If everything goes according to plan This weekend I will get the rear end narrowed.

I should get my motor next week. The motor is a bored, balanced 331 hemi with Wiseco blower pistons, K1 H-beam rods, custom ground cam. It will be capable or handling and producing up to 1000hp which is a bit overkill for what I plan to be running at, but I'd rather be safe then sorry. According to the experts it should produce 600-660hp on premium pump gas.

Hopefully we will be moving the car to Chris S. garage to do the chop and frame.

I have most of the big items so things should go together quickly.

Last edited by Jerry on Thu 03 Feb 2011, 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yellow pro5
ARCC Member
yellow pro5

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyThu 03 Feb 2011, 1:35 pm

nice cant wait
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyThu 10 Mar 2011, 12:13 am

Here are some pictures of the blower intake with the custom injector and fuel rail system I designed and built. Thanks to Nick at Wicked Welding for the beautiful and air tight aluminum welds.

It's official the rat rod is under way Efi_intake_3

Here is a shot of the under side of the intake. I still need to add AN fittings and a couple bosses to mount the rear of the rails to.

It's official the rat rod is under way Efi_intake_4

This a good pic to show how well hid everything is.

It's official the rat rod is under way Efi_intake_5

There will be a contoured plate bolted to the front of the manifold that will hide the injectors and wiring.

I'm also working on the front and rear suspensions so I should have pictures those two things in the next week or so.
Back to top Go down
berger13
ARCC Secretary
berger13

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyThu 10 Mar 2011, 3:51 pm

thats pretty sweet!
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyMon 14 Mar 2011, 11:38 pm

Here are some pictures of the bottom end of my engine. It has a forged crank, forged Wiseco blower pistons, K1 H-beam rods with ARP rod bolts and ARP main studs. The rotating assembly is balanced and the block has been decked, bored +.030 and align bored.

It's official the rat rod is under way Hemi_1

It's official the rat rod is under way Hemi_2

It's official the rat rod is under way Hemi_3
Back to top Go down
berger13
ARCC Secretary
berger13

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011, 11:59 pm

now jerry thats just obscene..... nobody wants to see your bottom end naked!! bahaha it looks like its coming along really well
Back to top Go down
playin4keeps
ARCC Member
playin4keeps

Number of posts : 1262
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyThu 17 Mar 2011, 12:07 am

i cant wait to hear this thing... going to ready for slamology?
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptyThu 17 Mar 2011, 12:43 am

Thanks guys! The goal is to have it ready for Slamology. I have been working on several things at once. Last weekend I picked up a new rear axle because the one I had was in bad shape. I have been sandblasting and painting parts for the brake and suspension systems. I have everything new for all of the brakes. This weekend I will be getting the ride height set so I can get the frame done. I would really like to have a rolling chassis by the 28th of March. Everything should go together pretty fast once I get the frame done.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Admin
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 12:05 am

It's official the rat rod is under way Hemi_eng_1

The motor is home. Corey and I couldn't wait to set the blower and injection on it.

It's official the rat rod is under way Hemi_eng_2

Corey decided to put it next to the car. I hope I can keep up with you other turbo and supercharged cars. scratch

Tomorrow I will be starting on the chopped top.
Back to top Go down
Lil Fish
ARCC President
Lil Fish

Number of posts : 1018

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 11:23 am

sweet....hey this is kindof odd but i know anouther jerry that is building a ratrod right now too, his is very close to being done as well.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
four6trix
ARCC Member
four6trix

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 3:09 pm

Nice Jerry, that's gonna be sick!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's official the rat rod is under way   It's official the rat rod is under way Empty

Back to top Go down

It's official the rat rod is under way
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adrenaline Rush Car Club :: MEDIA :: PICTURES AND VIDEOS-
Jump to: